Work is underway to prepare our COVID Return to the Green Guidance for the 2021 season (including competitions and events, bowling activity and facilities). We would like to provide you with an update on some of the support we will offer to ensure our clubs, players and volunteers are well supported and informed.
A reminder that our current COVID Off Season guidance, support and resources are available here: https://www.bowlsscotland.com/clubs/club-support-covid-19
COVID 2020 Online Review Sessions
To help us ensure we continue to provide accurate, relevant and concise information on COVID and our Return to the Green, we would like to hear from clubs on their experience last year. We are also keen to hear from clubs who did not open in 2020, either through attending a review session or providing feedback via your National Development Officer.
We will host three feedback sessions in February, held online via zoom. Each session is 90mins long and will cover the following:
- What worked well in 2020
- What did not work well in 2020
- Feedback from clubs who did not open in 2020
- What opportunities are there this year
- What are the challenges going into 2021
- Update on 2021 plans – Return to the green guidance, COVID Officer requirements etc
- What additional support is required in 2021
If your club would like to participate in these sessions, please just click on the relevant link below and sign up via our online club and membership system.
- Thursday 11th February 6pm to 7:30pm
- Tuesday 16th February 3pm to 4:30pm
- Wednesday 17th February 7pm to 8:30pm
COVID Training & Education
- COVID Officer Training:
- As part of our COVID Return to the Green 2021, clubs are now required to appoint a named COVID Officer to ensure the club and members operate in a safe manner and adhere to Scottish Government and Bowls Scotland guidelines. Clubs who opened during 2020 will already have had someone in place and there might be more than one person responsible for COVID within the club.
- COVID Officer e-learning is available to all clubs, it takes 10 minutes to complete and is free. This training has been developed by sportscotland and so far 100 club volunteers have completed this e-learning module. We would encourage any of your committee members and volunteers to complete the e-learning.
- COVID Awareness Information:
- sportscotland has developed an e-learning module to support players (13+), participant and parents/carers during COVID. The module raises awareness and highlights the responsibility we all have in keeping each other safe within sport during COVID.
- Getting Back on the Green 2021 Webinars:
- Getting Coaches Ready for Sport
- Aimed at anyone involved in coaching lawn bowls in Scotland, this 90-minute information session will cover the following:
- Government Guidance surrounding the 0-4 Tier system
- What type of coaching is suitable/permitted within each of the 0-4 Tiers
- How to prepare your venue/equipment for a safe coaching session
- How to prepare your coaches/helpers for a safe coaching sessions
- How to adapt your coaching techniques to suit new guidance
- Ideas from other clubs who have been coaching in 2020
- These sessions will be led by Bowls Scotland Coach and Volunteer Manager Adam Martin and sportscotland staff
- If your coaches would like to attend the session, please forward this email and ask them to click on the relevant link below and sign up via our online club and membership system
- Monday 1st March 6-7pm
- Thursday 11th March 7-8pm
- Getting Facilities Ready for Sport
- Aimed at COVID Officers and committee members, this 90-minute session will cover the following:
- Government Guidance surrounding the 0-4 Tier System
- How to get your facility ready and safe to open
- Explain what activities you can do within your facility in which of the 0-4 Tier’s
- How to open your facility for both Hospitality and Bowling Purposes
- Practical Examples on how to adapt your club to open safely
- Ideas from other clubs who opened and succeeded in 2020
- This session will be led by our Bowls Scotland National Development Officers and sportscotland staff
- If your volunteers would like to attend the above sessions, please forward this email and ask them to click on the relevant link below and sign up via our online club and membership system
- Thursday 4th March 6-7pm
- Monday 8th March 7-8pm
Please get in touch with your National Development Officer if you require any additional information:
Darren Weir | Communications Officer
M: 07851 721644 | E:firstname.lastname@example.org
National Centre for Bowling | Hunters Avenue | Ayr | KA8 9AL
This document is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and be advised that any unauthorised use of this document is strictly prohibited.